PDA

View Full Version : Changing Brake Pads

03lrdisco
10-26-2007, 09:14 AM
I was wondering if anyone had every changed the Brake Pads on their Disco. The Dealership whats $400 to change them, but if it is not that big of a deal, I could change them myself. Any in put would be great.

Thanks

rover_chump
10-27-2007, 10:36 AM
I was wondering if anyone had every changed the Brake Pads on their Disco. The Dealership whats $400 to change them, but if it is not that big of a deal, I could change them myself. Any in put would be great.

Thanks
Greetings,

Changing the pads is a very easy procedure.
Even replacing the brake rotors is also a straight forward job.
Bleeding the system (if needed) however, is done by cycling the ABS pump...
(which is done by the Dealer using their diagnostic computer)

Feel free to call if you have questions.
Peace,
Art

03lrdisco
10-29-2007, 08:19 PM
All that is needed is the changing of the pads. The rotors can wait... I had the OE pads on there, should I use the same, or get a better/ different type?

Any Suggestions...

rover_chump
10-30-2007, 10:49 AM
All that is needed is the changing of the pads. The rotors can wait... I had the OE pads on there, should I use the same, or get a better/ different type?

Any Suggestions...
We offer two options....

Genuine pads $133.30 (front)
$113.39 (rear)

http://www.roversnorth.com/store/c-509-brakes.aspx (http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/../store/c-509-brakes.aspx)

Proline (good quality less expensive aftermarket) $42.95 (front)
$29.95 (rear)

Hope this helps.
Peace,
Art

brooksa
02-11-2008, 02:07 PM
I know this is an older post, but I see that the Proline Pads are half the price of the LR pads. With that much of a price difference does the quality of the pads suffer?

LndRvrUS
01-11-2009, 10:21 AM
I've wondered the same. My rears were replaced by the dealer (didn't have the time) and the cost was around $400 for pads & rotors. The fronts haven't been replaced yet and according to the dealer, they are still fine after 75k. I actually trust the answer I got since I know the mechanic that worked on it. However, I know I'm going to have to replace them at some point and wasn't sure if I should go stock genuine parts or go with ProLine or even a brake upgrade to slotted rotors. I'd like to improve my braking but not at the expense of potentially causing other issues. Any input on ProLine versus genuine other than less money?