PDA

View Full Version : ABS Modulator Service Bullentin

KCDiscovery
10-26-2007, 03:32 PM
ABS MODULATER Service Bullentin I had three lights on my dash come on: Hill Descent/ABS/Traction control and was told by one service center I needed a new ABS Modulator at a cost of $1,800 plus labor then another dealership informed me of a service bullentin and fixed it for $800.00....thought I would pass this along to anyone haveing the "Three Amigo" problem.

JayhawkinIdaho
11-19-2007, 05:00 PM
I just recently had the same issue, and now it sent a code for the service engine soon light, which pulling the code is related to what you are talking about ABS. The code pulled was 1590, what is this service bulletin you are refering to? And where can I obtain a copy of this bulletin? Reply to jliechti61@cableone.net 01Disco

TNdisco2
11-23-2007, 11:04 PM
I have also had the "Three Amigo" lights to come on my '02 Disco II. They came on as I was driving about 30 mph and almost to my destination. I was unable to tell that it drove differently or that anything was different when they came on. However, when I came to a complete stop I turned off the engine and restarted it and they didn't come back on. That was about five months ago and they have not come on since that one time. About 1 month after that incident I took it to the dealer to run a diagnostic and they said I needed an ABS modulator that listed at $1,999. I declined the service because they were trying to sell me all types of service that day. My question is, does anyone know if this is a problem if the "Three Amigos" does not stay lit up? My brakes seem to still be working fine.

Also, if I end up having to have the service performed, how can I find out more about the service bulletin? Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

TSR53
11-24-2007, 07:44 AM
There's this "Three Amigos" posting here for reference, good tip at the end...
http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1209