PDA

View Full Version : Complete Original Dormobile on Ebay w/ No Reserve

Bostonian1976
11-01-2007, 07:04 AM
Pretty cool...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1123&viewitem=&item=260176969251

Terrys
11-01-2007, 07:41 AM
If only Jim Young hadn't chained his new frame to a tree, Damn.

jp-
11-01-2007, 08:47 AM
Looks like it might have rolled on one side.

Still a neat find though.

Bostonian1976
11-01-2007, 08:50 AM

Still a neat find though.

If I had a tent and a bunch of glass on my head I'd probably roll over too :)

Terrys
11-01-2007, 10:01 AM

why, because of the dents in the RR quarter panel? Wouldn't the doors also have similar denting if it had gone over? Looks more like he tried sqeezing through a 62" gap with a 64" wide truck.

jp-
11-01-2007, 10:36 AM
why, because of the dents in the RR quarter panel? Wouldn't the doors also have similar denting if it had gone over? Looks more like he tried sqeezing through a 62" gap with a 64" wide truck.

If that were the case, the other side would show denting as well. It may not have rolled all the way over, probably just layed over on the right side.

giorgio
11-01-2007, 12:21 PM
The following website lists the entire production run of the 1966-1968 Series IIA 109" NADA Station Wagon, 6-cylinder Petrol, Left Hand Drive.

http://www.lrfaq.org/Series/FAQ.S.chassis_numbering.343.html

There is only one which was shipped to Searle, Sunbury on Thames, which was a Carawagon, (34300768) which is the one that I own. All of the others are shipped directly to a dealer or HDO, then a dealer name.

HDO = ?? Home delivery order??? (take deliver overseas, and then ship back?) That is just a complete guess on my part.

Were Doromobile conversions done by the dealer??

I am always curious to learn more about these things.

Thanks,
Giorgio

Momo
11-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Looks like it got leaned against a berm and plowed the quarter panel. Or maybe a cow used it for a butt scratcher.

GrFa
11-01-2007, 01:12 PM
This truck actually belongs to a friend of mine. He got it in a package deal with an 88 that he is restoring for his wife. He already has a 109 3 door along with numerous other old cars. We were trying to figure out a way to keep the dormobile and restore it but neither one of us has the space. If this had been available before I got my 88 it would definitely be mine.

Bostonian1976
11-01-2007, 02:39 PM
This truck actually belongs to a friend of mine. He got it in a package deal with an 88 that he is restoring for his wife. He already has a 109 3 door along with numerous other old cars. We were trying to figure out a way to keep the dormobile and restore it but neither one of us has the space. If this had been available before I got my 88 it would definitely be mine.

it would be interesting to find out the VIN since there isn't one listed in the ad.

here's an additional interesting page on Dormobiles....(thank you TerriAnn)

http://expeditionlandrover.info/Dormobile/index.html

Terrys
11-02-2007, 06:15 AM
I think your friend is too anxious to move it.
I live an hour away, in CT, and have my own trailer, and had every intention on bidding, but he has decided to move it, by sunday, to some truck depot, in the OPPOSITE direction, 3 hours away from me, and tells me I have to arrange to have the trucker move it back. The auction closes sunday night at 6:30. He couldn't wait ONE extra day to have it moved.
I got tired of paying truckers, so that's why I bought the trailer, but your friend thinks no one will mind paying an additional expense. ($275 from NJ to CT, Yeah, right) I think he's an idiot. His excuse is all the questions he's getting are from people out west.

jp-
11-02-2007, 08:27 AM
...Maybe he has to get it outta there quick, in case the owner comes back...

No title...

GrFa
11-04-2007, 12:41 PM
He used to have a warehouse to store cars in. He lost the space last year and already has 7 cars at his house. The previous owner needed it moved out of their property and he had no other place to put it.

Bertha
11-06-2007, 10:25 AM
I think your friend is too anxious to move it.
I live an hour away, in CT, and have my own trailer, and had every intention on bidding, but he has decided to move it, by sunday, to some truck depot, in the OPPOSITE direction, 3 hours away from me, and tells me I have to arrange to have the trucker move it back. The auction closes sunday night at 6:30. He couldn't wait ONE extra day to have it moved.
I got tired of paying truckers, so that's why I bought the trailer, but your friend thinks no one will mind paying an additional expense. ($275 from NJ to CT, Yeah, right) I think he's an idiot. His excuse is all the questions he's getting are from people out west.

You are an arrogant jackass that I would not sell a thing to if you were the last person on earth. You go on a message board and blast someone because you did not get your way. You dont know the facts about my situation. You are typical of the time wasters commonly found on Ebay. You ask all sorts of stupid questions and waste my time. Unfortunately, as a seller, I am forced to weed through all the garbage, and figure out who is a serious buyer. You are correct in one thing, I was anxious to move the truck, that is why I put it on ebay-IDIOT!

Donnie
11-08-2007, 10:32 PM
Did any one on here buy it?

yorker
11-09-2007, 01:18 PM
Did any one on here buy it?

Sean Grauer snagged it apparently after the eBay buyer got flakey:
http://p200.ezboard.com/fgunsandroversfrm1.showMessage?topicID=7967.topic