PDA

View Full Version : Water / rain leak in A frame

Ed*
11-08-2006, 12:26 PM
Hi

I have a water leak in the A frame (i think that is what it is called) that runs along side of the windshield in my 95 RRC.

I cant for the life of me figure out how water gets in there but it leaks out inside along the seam and where a couple of bolts come through the side and hold on the dash board suppotrs. I've tried putting silicon all down the seam and covering the bots but water still gets in.

After last nights rain there was enough water to soak the carpet on both sides in the front. I have taken off the cowl and think i sealed it all up. But i still have the leak.

Any help please? I want to fix this before the winter and the freezing makes things worse.

daway
11-17-2006, 09:23 AM
WEID, did u check around the inside of the sunroof or the seal around the windshield? also i think there is a seal around the roof, i remember on another forum someone wanted to replace theres but do not know about that? u could always do a self test. get a small bucket or cup of h2o and pour it in differnt spots around the windshield area to see when the h2o starts to come in. good luck and when u find the problem let me know.

Greg J
11-17-2006, 10:02 AM
YOU CAN ALSO TRY TO ISOLATE THE LEAK BY TAKING A BUCKET OF SOAPY WATER AND APPLING TO THE AFFECTED AREA AND CLOSE THE VEHICLE UP,WINOWS UP TIGHT AND ALL DOORS CLOSED,TURN THE BLOWER MOTOR ON HIGH.WHERE BUBBLES START TO SHOW THAT IS MOST LIKELY WHERE YOUR LEAK IS.

bulldog6
08-19-2012, 07:56 AM
Any luck with this? Having the same problem myself.

Ed*
08-21-2012, 02:04 PM
I was never able to fully fix it. I took off the front side panels and sealed the seams under there. That helped a bit but it never fully fixed it. Sorry