PDA

View Full Version : Truck jumping when accelerating from a stop

CliftonRover
11-04-2007, 06:52 PM
hi, I have developed a problem with my 88, when I accelerate from a stand still, ie any time I use 1st or 2nd gear, the truck bucks a lot. It is not because I am learning to drive it, this is a somewhat recent problem. I am wondering if it is oil on the clutch or if my tranny is finally shot. there does seem to be a good amount of play between the engine and wheels. I am judgeing this from the feel of stepping on and off the gas. anyone have this problem before, are the bearings in my tranny shot? thanks

daveb
11-04-2007, 08:49 PM
had a similar experience truned out to be a seized wheel cylinder piston holding tthe shoe against the drum. it would get hot and bind, and grab.

hi, I have developed a problem with my 88, when I accelerate from a stand still, ie any time I use 1st or 2nd gear, the truck bucks a lot. It is not because I am learning to drive it, this is a somewhat recent problem. I am wondering if it is oil on the clutch or if my tranny is finally shot. there does seem to be a good amount of play between the engine and wheels. I am judgeing this from the feel of stepping on and off the gas. anyone have this problem before, are the bearings in my tranny shot? thanks

JimCT
11-05-2007, 05:08 AM
check them and the tranny mounts

Terrys
11-05-2007, 08:11 AM
Also check your left motor mount isn't seperated.