PDA

View Full Version : Oil pressure gauge.

greenmeanie
11-05-2007, 09:47 AM
I've finally got round to hooking up the OEM oil pressure gauge that came with the truck. The SPO trick was to use some of the wiring from this gauge to power/earth and whatever the tach at the expense of the oil pressure gauge.

The gauge seems to work as I tried putting 6V and 12 V across it and the needle moved well. I want to check my wiring with you as the diagram in the owner's manual does not actually show this.

- Took power off a switched source on the back of the ignition barrel and connected to green wire on gauge.
- Brown/green wire goes to one terminal on the pressure sensor.
- Sensor grounds to its mounting and through the engine block so no ground wire required from sensor.

I am still not getting any reading so if my wire routing is correct my next thing to look at is the sensor. Is there a way to check this or is it a case of buying a new one and seeing if everything works?

Cheers
Gregor

Donnie
11-08-2007, 10:43 PM
I've finally got round to hooking up the OEM oil pressure gauge that came with the truck. The SPO trick was to use some of the wiring from this gauge to power/earth and whatever the tach at the expense of the oil pressure gauge.

The gauge seems to work as I tried putting 6V and 12 V across it and the needle moved well. I want to check my wiring with you as the diagram in the owner's manual does not actually show this.

- Took power off a switched source on the back of the ignition barrel and connected to green wire on gauge.
- Brown/green wire goes to one terminal on the pressure sensor.
- Sensor grounds to its mounting and through the engine block so no ground wire required from sensor.

I am still not getting any reading so if my wire routing is correct my next thing to look at is the sensor. Is there a way to check this or is it a case of buying a new one and seeing if everything works?

Cheers
Gregor
Youn can check the sensor with an ohm meter. connect 1 wire to the term & the other to earth. I don't know the spec but when U start the engine U can tell if the unit is OK.......best to have an asst. help you as it will respond as soon as the engine starts........HTH..........Donnie