PDA

View Full Version : Wind Screen Wiper Switch Help

Firemanshort
11-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Does anyone have a diagram of where the wires are supposed to go on the rear of a 2 speed wiper switch with push button washer?

I am trying to trouble shoot why my washer does not squirt. The washer pump works if I jump 12v to the pump so I am trying to figure out which wire on teh back of the switch is the washer power.

Do not bore me with colour codes and such - I am colour blind.

-Firemanshort

daveb
11-06-2007, 12:08 PM
it is the one that goes to the terminal on the little rectangular box on the end of the "tower" in the center of the switch. hope you aren't too bored yet.

Does anyone have a diagram of where the wires are supposed to go on the rear of a 2 speed wiper switch with push button washer?

I am trying to trouble shoot why my washer does not squirt. The washer pump works if I jump 12v to the pump so I am trying to figure out which wire on teh back of the switch is the washer power.

Do not bore me with colour codes and such - I am colour blind.

-Firemanshort

Firemanshort
11-06-2007, 01:24 PM
I think I see... my switch does not have that spade connector on it - that is why I could not find the right part.

I will have to look for a broken wire dangling loose in the rat's nest of wires that matches that description. Thanks!

-Firemanshort

siii8873
11-06-2007, 04:17 PM
I had the same problem w/ my switch (the washer spade was broken off. I installed a seperate momentary switch, pulled the power off the green supply to the switch and then to the washer motor.