PDA

View Full Version : Its Alive!

thixon
11-08-2007, 10:40 AM
I got the IIA fired up last night. I still have the bulkhead ripped out, along with the rest of the front of the body, but I had to at least hear it run before going foward with the body work. It took me a fuel pump tear down, and a carb tear down to figure out that the tank side fuel line was clogged! Its always the thing you don't expect.

the guy I bought from had done a rebuild on the motor, but had never fired it up. It ran fine. I plan to wheel it outside on dollies this weekend, and get it tuned to idle properly. I figure if I work out all the mechanical kinks, and find everything he did'nt do, then by the time I finish the bulkhead/body work, it'll be ready for the road!

Travis
66 IIA 88"

Jim-ME
11-08-2007, 11:21 AM
That is good news! Sounds like you are on your way to having a fully functional LR. :thumb-up:

LH Drive
11-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Don't forget to take lots of before and after pictures. These will be the only proof that any work has been done if you ever decide to sell. Also so you can put things back together if you forget how they were installed. Post some pics of your Series.......

4flattires
11-08-2007, 09:25 PM
Alway good to hear a motor roar to life once again.

Good luck.

Jeff