PDA

View Full Version : smiths heater core repair??

1961 109 WAGON
11-14-2007, 07:26 PM
i got a nice 5 inch round heater core from leafsprung here on the forum. it had a pinhole leak in it, so i put some bars stop leakin it! well , it worked.. but for how long? i want to know if you know of a place that can repair it with out tearing it up. the leak is on the inside where you cant see the small hole. maybe there a "slime" i can have put in it to fix it for good with no worries. thanks!

rovertek
11-15-2007, 06:12 AM
any local radiator repair facility can repair the leak if you dont know of one check with repair gararges they might know, the problem is that bars leaks is a bottle of glue that seems to find its way to the heater core and completely plug all the tubes resulting in (NO HEAT) i would remove the heater core and blow in one of the heater hose tubes with compressed air and blow the crap out before it solidifies or it wont be worth fixing.....

daveb
11-15-2007, 09:51 AM
shops that can do this kind of work are disappearing thanks to the EPA.

mosrt of the shops around here will only do replacements with new parts.

I had to get the kodiak's core rebuilt and sent it to univerasl carnegie in carnegie PA. so far I am very happy with the result.

www.universalcarnegiemanufacturing.com/

call them and see if they can deal with the round core. bars leak brand pellets are not supposed to clog cores the way the other stop leaks stuff does. but I would still avoid it.

any local radiator repair facility can repair the leak if you dont know of one check with repair gararges they might know, the problem is that bars leaks is a bottle of glue that seems to find its way to the heater core and completely plug all the tubes resulting in (NO HEAT) i would remove the heater core and blow in one of the heater hose tubes with compressed air and blow the crap out before it solidifies or it wont be worth fixing.....

1961 109 WAGON
11-15-2007, 04:27 PM
thanks, ill give it a try!