PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Diesel Military Defender 110 near mint condition

tantoboy
11-17-2007, 11:55 AM
Land Rover Defender 110 Diesel

For sale, a1988, left-hand drive, military Land Rover Defender 110, that is rust-free, doesn’t leak oil and is used on a regular basis.

Besides the British Army and certified Land Rover mechanics nobody else has touched this truck. Everything that needed to be replaced on this vehicle has been replaced. Everything that should work, does work. It is emissions approved and mechanically sound.

Every seal and gasket has been replaced throughout the engine and I do mean every one of them. I have replaced all old parts with reliable new genuine Land Rover parts including, the clutch, fuel pump, water pump, fuel injectors, injector lines, timing belt, vacuum pump, diff seals, axle boots, thermostat, all fluids and filters etc.

I have been using the vehicle to access remote areas of provincial parks to do monitoring reports for the Ministry of Natural Resources. This truck carries more and goes places no other vehicles can go and more importantly it will get you back again.

The truck comes with a dual 12 volt battery system with solar charger (ready for a winch), a 24,000 BTU 3 speed cabin heater (you can drive wearing a T-shirt in winter), anti-vibration flooring, an air horn, a professionally carpeted cap with map light, radar reflective paint (I’m not joking), covert convoy lighting, heavy-duty hi-lift jack, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, tool box, fold down bench seats with lap belts, heavy-duty stainless steel roof rack with access ladder and a military pintle hitch.

The vehicle will do 110 kilometers per hour comfortably, it has a range of around 700 kilometers per tank of diesel and a tank costs approximately $65. The vehicle has 145,000 kms on the clock (which for a diesel is nothing).

I am asking $15,500 for a quick sale and I am happy to answer any questions from serious buyers only.

Contact Richard at 416 207-9702 before 10 pm. No time-wasters or window shoppers please. Which means you have to have the cash and you have to have decided on a Defender 110. By all means bring a mechanic, bring your Mom for all I care, but don’t expect me to come to you- yes I actually fell for that too.

Austinsjeep
11-17-2007, 02:57 PM
where is the 110 located?

Thanks,

James

Terrys
11-18-2007, 05:13 AM
Unfortunately, it can't come into the states. Which engine does it have ?

Moose
11-23-2007, 07:48 PM
The 416 area code is Toronto. The truck is listed on eBay now and one of the pix shows the engine is a 2.5 NA diesel.

I know of quite a few 110's around the GTA but haven't seen this one before.

Brett