PDA

View Full Version : ACR chips or Vortec Cyclones for better MPG

bpack
11-17-2007, 06:30 PM
I bought a performance chip for my 2002 RR for better gas mileage and horse power. After speaking to my friend that's a LR mechanic he advised to send it back because it may damage the onboard Bosch computer system? So I did. Now I am looking at something called the Vortec Cyclone that fits in the Air Intake hose between the air filter and the air throttle? Are these safe? Has anyone ever used one? I don't want to get ripped off for $40. Please reply if you have used the Vortec Cyclone and if it really works.

Also, if any real LR mechanics that read this, I bought the ACR Performance module that is a 3 in wire and in the middle has a black rubber section where the chip is I guess. Will this device ruin the computer system down the road by making it idle or burn up or whatever?

thanks for any help!

msggunny
11-19-2007, 09:47 AM
I havent used a vortec yet, but the only way it would hurt your truck was if it some how desintrigrated into little metal pices and got sucked into your engine. It has no moving parts and is not eletrical, just a pice of metal to swirl the air.

Dont know about the chip. I was reading on another fourm about a chip for the D2 Bosch engine and they said it was great.