PDA

View Full Version : FUME CURTAINS

EASTTNROVER
11-19-2007, 02:58 PM
I got the hard top on for winter, but thinking of going back to the canvas. Wondering if anyone is using a fume curtain, does it keep the heat in decent enough? Also, anyone got one for sale, or someplace I can get one for a good price? Later, Jake. :thumb-up:

greenmeanie
11-19-2007, 08:42 PM
I've got a fume curtain I run in my 101 which I admit is not quite the same. It does make a huge difference as it gives the heater a fighting chance to heat the smaller volume of air. It also prevents the air in the cab from getting sucked out the back of the truck. I wouldn't run a canvas in winter without one.

Only place I've seen them for sale is Exmoor Trim in the UK. Unfortunately due to the tanking dollar the price will suck.

Cheers
Gregor

2rovers
11-19-2007, 09:42 PM
I used a fume curtain all last winter in my 88 and it helps alot. Kodiak doesn't have to work quite so hard. I put the hard top on for this winter and what a differance. I put 1/2" foam on the top, so a much tighter winter ride.
I got my curtain from Paddocks.

msggunny
11-20-2007, 08:36 AM
I have a fume curtian, but i run it with a bikini top to make a truck cab. And my heater doesnt work.

In theory it should keep the heat in better.

yorker
11-20-2007, 09:35 AM
I made one for my 88" hard top once when the temperatures were down in a severe cold snap- it made a huge difference in the heat in the cab(duh!) The Kodiak was doing OK but I had to keep the blower on high all the time, when I put in the fule curtain it barely needed to run to keep the cab very warm.