PDA

View Full Version : upper tailgate trouble on a 95 Classic

Ed*
11-20-2007, 10:37 AM
Hi

I have a 95 classic LWB and replaced the upper tailgate due to the rusting issues. I bought one off of a 93 or 94 and it doesnt fit right. the top hits the weather stripping and nicks the metal right at the top center, and knocks the weather stripping out of the track when i open or close it.

equally annoying is that the window doesnt close right. It closes tight but if i hit bumps it will sometimes (often) pop open.

Ive messed around with it a bunch and cang seem to get it to addjust. in anyway. I even broke down and paid a rover shop to mess with it. They couldnt get it working either.

my only guess is that the 95 LWB window is somehow a different size than the other classic years. But i cant find anything to support this.

Anyone have any ideas, or if i'm wrong does anyone know how to adjust it so the top doesnt hit?

phoenix
11-20-2007, 06:44 PM
it is a very tedious process because the hinges are adjustable from inside the headliner at their anchor point, also the side latches need a little touch, i have installed a number of latches and overhauled a few tailgates
and beleive me it is not a picnic. it can be done thou