PDA

View Full Version : Service Engine Light, code P0447 and P1451

sinke
11-20-2007, 11:55 PM
Hello
I am new to the Land Rover and to this forum. I just got a 2003 Discovery and the service engine light came on. Checked it with my code reader and codes are P0447 and P1451. It is something with evaporative emissions. Has anyone seen this before?
I cleared the codes to see if they would show up again and they do. As soon as the engine is started for the 2nd time, codes come right back. I tried two different fuel caps and the problem repeats.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Sinke

roverseiki
11-28-2007, 01:42 PM
I experienced similar problems with this check engine light. The evaporated code resulted in changing the purge valve. When ordering make sure not to buy the selenoi canester this is something completely different.
After replacing this purge valve the problem clear just fine. This part in my 2000 goes on top the manifold.
If you have somethin that it says that you car is running lean in one cylinder bank or misfiring you have two possible problems
one is the spark plugs and wires need to be change make sure that whomever changes them seat them securely otherwise it could arc and give you the same alarm
if this does not solve your problem you could have a defective coil pack and this one is a bit expensive for the amount of work that it takes to replace it

good luck