PDA

View Full Version : Alternator wiring 91RRC

shaka55
11-24-2007, 11:57 AM
I have a 91 RRC and my alternator light went on and so I thought my alternator was going bad. I pulled the alternator and took it to a alternator shop where they proceeded to test it and tell me that it is ok and is still charging???

So a couple of questions:

Why would my alternator light go on if it is still good?

Also, I didn't make a wireing diagram when i pulled it and now I am not sure what wires go were. There is 2 brown wires(big&small) and they are easy, then a white wire wich splits and connects in 2 places, and last but not least 2 blue wires(identical) eash comming from it's own resistor mounted on the back of the alternator. So, the white wires have 2 connectors, and the blue wires have 2 connectors, but the back of the alternator only has 2 spots to connect 4 connectors too??? Does this make any sense? Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks,
Rob

Dan
11-25-2007, 08:16 PM
Rob,
I have a wire scmatic for you in the form of a JPG picture. how would you like to recieve it email, forum,? It shows the main brown wire going to the hot wire post on the fire wall along with four other smaller ones that follow. One blue wire that goes to a surpression capacitor, one white and grey wire that turns to blue, which goes to another surpression capacitor. Another white and grey striped wire which goes to the tachometer input in the instrument panal and the last one is brown and yellow striped which runs to the warning light. If you measure either your hot post on the back of the alterator or battery posts with a multi meter with the engine running you should be recieving 13 to 15 volts. I belive the light goes on when the voltage coming out of the alternator lowers below 12 so if you see more than that when it is turning than I would check the curcit from the alternator to the instrument panal light.
You can email me and I can send you a picture of the wiring diagram vttmountainman@yahoo.com
Dan