PDA

View Full Version : oil filter

friar mike
11-25-2007, 01:04 PM
I have a SIII with a 2.5 diesel in it now in the US its not a know engine ( not imported ) so is it the same filter that the 2.25 used ? Does anybody know a fram or a napa part number so I can get them around here?

Moose
11-25-2007, 01:57 PM
I use a Quaker State QS8A oil filter but have also used the Fram PH8A on the 2.5 NA diesel in my 110.

How do you find the 2.5 in the Series 3? The engine will be coming out of my 110 soon for a Tdi and I am thinking about stuffing it into my 88.

Brett

friar mike
11-25-2007, 02:49 PM
I use a Quaker State QS8A oil filter but have also used the Fram PH8A on the 2.5 NA diesel in my 110.

How do you find the 2.5 in the Series 3? The engine will be coming out of my 110 soon for a Tdi and I am thinking about stuffing it into my 88.

Brett
It was installed in England by a MAJOR HACK place called uk landrovers. My friend ordered it and thay butchered it and payed way to much for it. He was so mad when it came over he was going to have it crushed but I got it now Iam fixing it and it will take ALOT of hours to fix. The motor mounts have to be changed to do it and the engine bolts right up to the trans. its not to hard at all to do it right but thay did the motor mounts so bad thay have half ripped out of the frame already. I work on old english cars for a living so this will be no big thing for me to fix. by the way my 2.5 has a oil canister not a spin-on. In the photo you see a diffrent kind of air filter does anybody know what rover uses this kind?http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/friarmike/rover/CIMG0961.jpg

Bertha
11-26-2007, 05:07 PM
It was installed in England by a MAJOR HACK place called uk landrovers. My friend ordered it and thay butchered it and payed way to much for it. He was so mad when it came over he was going to have it crushed but I got it now Iam fixing it and it will take ALOT of hours to fix. The motor mounts have to be changed to do it and the engine bolts right up to the trans. its not to hard at all to do it right but thay did the motor mounts so bad thay have half ripped out of the frame already. I work on old english cars for a living so this will be no big thing for me to fix. by the way my 2.5 has a oil canister not a spin-on. In the photo you see a diffrent kind of air filter does anybody know what rover uses this kind?http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/friarmike/rover/CIMG0961.jpg

Truth be told most stuff to come out of England is a HACK JOB and UK ROVERS leads the force.