PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Discovery spare tire

Hodgeon5th
11-12-2006, 08:42 PM
I had to take off my wife's spare tire on the back door and the rack that holds the spare tire in order for me to transport our Vespa scooter. Problem is...when we try to put the bolts back in the 8? screw holes on the back door it isn't catching anything...did the nuts fall down inside the door? do we have to open the back door and take off the cover on the inside back door? How do we get this rack back on so we can put the spare tire back on???

Help! hodgeon5th@earthlink.net

MuddyOval
11-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Carefully remove the interior panel of the rear door with an upholstery tool ($6 at local parts store). The inside latch has a screw holding the plastic trim ring and the +7 seaters have a grab bar that needs to be removed and the ones with fancy stereos have subwoofers to remove.
Once the panel is off, you can fine the nuts that used to hold those bolts and reinstall. It's not the end of the world if you break the clips when removing the panel- it'll go back on with a few missing usually without a problem and they're also available to purchase from dealer or online merchants.