PDA

View Full Version : Carb ???s

siii8873
11-28-2007, 05:56 PM
I have a zenith carb on by 73 SIII. Next to the volume control needle valve there is an open port with nothing in it. From asking around I think I've determined that this is where a solenoid valve was. I was told that this solenoid was to prevent dieseling when shut down.
When the solenoid is picked (engine running) I assume that the plunger lifted, opening the port in the bottom of the port. I have nothing in this port at all. First I would prefer not to replace he solenoid, unless this will cause operational problems. If I do run it without it what should I do with this port, plug it with the port open or closed. Could this port being open cause my vehicle to stall each time I back off on the throttle?

sayers
11-29-2007, 04:14 PM
Plug the port and if you adjust the idle and mixture right, you will not have the dieseling.

siii8873
11-30-2007, 06:27 AM
I do not have a problem with dieseling just the opposite. If I give the engine some throttle and back off it stalls. I'm guessing it;s sucking air through this port and going lean. What I don't understand is when I plug this should I plug the port with the orfice open or closed at the bottom of the port.