PDA

View Full Version : Black wheels

yank
11-30-2007, 06:12 AM
I have always liked to look of the black steel wheels. Was it an option?

luckyjoe
11-30-2007, 08:53 AM
Replacement wheels are typically supplied in black primer. You're probably just seeing these. That's what I have on my 109. I like the look as well....

Tom P.

TeriAnn
11-30-2007, 09:00 AM
I have always liked to look of the black steel wheels. Was it an option?
For Series rigs? Not that I have ever heard. For civie Series Land Rovers you could have any colour you wish as long as it was limestone.

But I agree with you, a flat or semi gloss black steel wheel looks good on a dark coloured Series Land Rover ... just not original.

http://www.expeditionlandrover.info/LR.images/GR_DiscoWheel.jpg
The wheels under The Green Rover.

http://www.expeditionlandrover.info/LR.images/TWreadingMaplo.jpg
The Green Rover and I. Morning on the trail planning the day's route 2005.

jp-
11-30-2007, 11:17 AM
I disagree, white wheels look fantastic. Or just paint them the color of the vehicle.

TeriAnn,

Your Rover icon depicts the Rover with white wheels.

sayers
11-30-2007, 04:01 PM
My 2 cents. keep your rover the way it came from the factory, limestone or white, anyway else it looks like just another jeep.

TeriAnn
11-30-2007, 06:10 PM
I disagree, white wheels look fantastic. Or just paint them the color of the vehicle..
Hunh??? disagree? With what? My assertion that I think that all civie wheels came in limestone? (I probably should have excluded early Series I & Camel trophy Series III).

That I like black wheels? I should be the best judge of colour combinations that I like. I also like Limestone wheels too, especialy in lighter coloured LRs.

TeriAnn,

Your Rover icon depicts the Rover with white wheels.

Yes I know.

Was there a point to your posting? Or was it just to state that you prefer white and vehicle coloured wheels over limestone and black?

derek
11-30-2007, 06:20 PM
I have seen some old disco steel wheels powder coated black, they dont look too shabby

I didn't want to pay for the powder coating myself I took a couple coats of black krylon primer and paint to my original series wheels and they look nice to me :)

TeriAnn
11-30-2007, 06:27 PM
[quote=sayers]My 2 cents. keep your rover the way it came from the factory, limestone or white, anyway else it looks like just another jeep.[/quote

How to hide an elephant in a strawberry patch? paint their toe nails red. How to hide a Series Land Rover in a line of Jeeps, paint the wheels any colour except limestone. :D

sayers
12-01-2007, 01:30 PM
Like I said just another jeep .

yank
12-01-2007, 02:22 PM
90% of the jeeps I see have aluminum or silver wheels on them.
To each their own

JimCT
12-01-2007, 06:07 PM
our '68 battlefield ambulance/camper woudl look pretty damn silly with limestone wheels.

Momo
12-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Not all series rigs came with limestone wheels. Series IIs/some IIAs had body color wheels in some cases and late IIAs and IIIs had white wheels for the standard hardtops.

I like the black steelies too, but I think they look best on 90s and 110s. Classic RRs too. All bizness, no bling :D

jp-
12-03-2007, 08:22 AM
TeriAnn,

I was not disagreeing with you, just disagreeing with putting black wheels on.:)

No, my post had no point:rolleyes:

thixon
12-03-2007, 08:51 AM
Jeez,

Lighten up guys, its his truck and he can do what he wants with it. Lets get back to talking tech.

By the way, we need to stick together. There are'nt many of us left.

Travis
'66 IIa 88"

greenmeanie
12-03-2007, 09:17 AM
late IIAs and IIIs had white wheels for the standard hardtops.

Some late IIA's came with body coloured wheels. My '71 IIA NADA 88 Hartop has the sand coloured body and 15" wheels the same colour.

I'm contemplating a set of 16" wheels to put a set of agressive tyres on for off road. They'll probably be black as that's the rattle can I've got in the garage right now. In the mean time she scoots along very nicely on her sand colour 15" AT's

Cheers
Gregor

4flattires
12-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Rust is a color isn't it?

:thumb-up:

I agree, time to move on to another post.

Jeff