PDA

View Full Version : Cold weather

Bootlover101
12-01-2007, 12:12 PM
When the weather gets cold, like it is now here in Minnesota, USA my 1998 LR Disco1 SD model, has a parking light problem. This being that the parking lights including the dash lights wont come on for quite some time. When thay do finaly come on, I here a click, that sounds like it's comming from someplace under the dash on the passangers side. The headlights come on at once, but it's sometime before the parking lights will come on. Any ideas anyone??? Many thanks.:thumb-up:

KeithFisher
12-01-2007, 12:45 PM
I had a similar problem, that was 'fixed' (the quote marks are in anticipation of its return), with my 95 Disco I. The issue was tracked to corroded connectors at the rear park lights that needed to be taken off and the stems on the bulbs sandpapered clean and and plugs too (folded the paper into a shape that would go into the small socket and patiently file away the rust).
The time delay may simply be related to moisture being dried away as the motor and pipes heat up, so perhaps look first at the light unit near the rear muffler and work through the rest...

Additionally, take a look at the grounding harness connections behine the battery on the left and under/to the right of the air filter box. Clean thoroughly (to shine), put back together and cover in moisture repellant/grease...

Good luck!

Good luck