PDA

View Full Version : The 3 Amigos and code 1590

JayhawkinIdaho
12-02-2007, 11:07 PM
2001 Disco 2, I have fallen victim to the 3 Amigos. I did change the front brake pads and cleaned up the front brake assembly thinking that would help since I was down to 20% pads. I also bled the brakes the old fashion way (2 person method) still no change. I'm pulling code 1590, and after trying to clear the code, it of course the lights come right back on. The interesting thing is the ABS light comes on and then 1 second later the other 2 lights come on and the all stay on. I tried the trick of going down a hill with it in 4 low with the hill decent engaged. This did not work. I even went out on a sand road and tested to see if the ABS would engage and it seems that they are working, so this indicates to me the modulater is working. So I'm down to the sensor(s), but doesn't each wheel have a sensor? How do you determine which one that it could be? Personally I wish I could bypass the ABS, I have never been fond of ABS brakes since they came out, but it seems to all run together with the traction control system. Any other suggestions? The dealer seems to be the typical dealer with their diag. charge then of course the repair. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks