PDA

View Full Version : Heater Motor Rattle

JayhawkinIdaho
12-02-2007, 11:32 PM
I have a 1988 Classic (in addition to my 01, and 95 Disco). In addition to changing the front brakes, rotors and several other things, I have a heater motor that rattles (sounds like the fan blades are vibrating against the case that it is enclosed in. This looks difficult to get out of the dash, do I have to remove the entire dash to get the motor out? It seems as though I have to remove the instrument cluster and the enitre dash is this correct? I also have a sun roof that does not go up and lock into place at the rear of the roof, any suggestions? It seems to pop the relay when it gets close, bad relay or week motor?

phoenix
12-03-2007, 07:12 PM
fan is above front passengers feet so dash does not have to come appart.
sun roof, probably some lube of the rails but your truck is almost 20 years old, something has to give out.
my former 87 rusted from the frame up.

JayhawkinIdaho
12-03-2007, 09:58 PM
The one I speak of is in the center of the dash, (just below the top of the dash) it controls heat and defrost only, the one you speak of is actually A/C only, that one is really quiet and don't have any problems with that one. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to get this thing out without taking the entire dash out. Thanks