PDA

View Full Version : Pickup top

PH4
12-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Anyone near the Southeast who is willing to part with a Series pickup top?

galen216
12-04-2007, 08:40 AM
I'm in the northeast and have one. I have been thinking of offering mine for trade for a rear upper liftgate. I would like to run my tailgate with pioneer kit full-time with the hardtop.

msggunny
12-04-2007, 10:02 AM
There is a dude, John, at a semi shady shop called Tidewater in Wilmington NC who has at least 1 that i have seen.

PH4
12-04-2007, 10:45 AM
Thanks, I would also be willing to trade a 109 tropical top for a pick up top. I also have a brand new set of reproduction elephant hide front seats, all three from Exmoor Trim I may trade.

EASTTNROVER
12-04-2007, 07:32 PM
I'm in the northeast and have one. I have been thinking of offering mine for trade for a rear upper liftgate. I would like to run my tailgate with pioneer kit full-time with the hardtop.

I dont have the liftgate, but interested in the top. What kinda price are you looking to get? :thumb-up:

galen216
12-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Sorry, unless I have a liftgate lined up to buy I won't sell it. If I sell it now the money will no doubt go to something else before a liftgate comes up for sale.

Jim-ME
12-05-2007, 06:05 AM
I have a lift gate which I would be interested in trading. It is in good condition and I'll send you pictures if you have an interest.
Jim

seriousseries
12-09-2007, 05:15 PM
Sorry, unless I have a liftgate lined up to buy I won't sell it. If I sell it now the money will no doubt go to something else before a liftgate comes up for sale.

I have a lift gate I may be willing to part with for the right price. It is completley refinished in bronze green, new window seal with original glass. It has all original galvinized hardware with orginal galv finish. It needs a new handle which can be purchased for about $40 bucks.

Its a really nice piece. I will email pics upon request.

Andrew.airoldi@gmail.com

Donnie
12-09-2007, 07:44 PM
I have a lift gate I may be willing to part with for the right price. It is completley refinished in bronze green, new window seal with original glass. It has all original galvinized hardware with orginal galv finish. It needs a new handle which can be purchased for about $40 bucks.

Its a really nice piece. I will email pics upon request.

Andrew.airoldi@gmail.com
I'm a little lost on what parts are called on these units. I've got the wings/fenders ----------hood/bonnet----------thing down, but lift gate has me concerned. Is it the tailgate? Tha back door only? signed, Dimwit

seriousseries
12-10-2007, 03:03 PM
There are a few options for the rear of the series land rovers.

The most common option is the full door with glass.

Another option which is a bit more rare in the U.S. is the tail gate / lift gate combo. Tail gate is the lower half which drops down to 90 degrees held by chains. The lift gate is the upper half which lifts up held by prop arms.

Rocky Mt makes a really nice Tail Gate replacment for a reasonable price. There isnt anyone who makes a replacement Lift Gate. Original Frames of the lift gate can be purchased through RN for an outrageous $800+.

Donnie
12-11-2007, 09:29 PM
There are a few options for the rear of the series land rovers.

The most common option is the full door with glass.

Another option which is a bit more rare in the U.S. is the tail gate / lift gate combo. Tail gate is the lower half which drops down to 90 degrees held by chains. The lift gate is the upper half which lifts up held by prop arms.

Rocky Mt makes a really nice Tail Gate replacment for a reasonable price. There isnt anyone who makes a replacement Lift Gate. Original Frames of the lift gate can be purchased through RN for an outrageous $800+.
Thanks, I got it now. A lift gate to me is a hydraulic tailgate used for uplifting cargo into the bed of a truck...err excuse me, is it the "TUB" not the bed ?
Anyway, since Rover made so many contraptions for their vehicles, I thought a lift gate was a possibility. A pick up top trade for a lift gate just doesn't seem like a logical trade????????????????????????????????/is it??????????

LaneRover
12-12-2007, 09:38 AM
A pick up top trade for a lift gate just doesn't seem like a logical trade????????????????????????????????/is it??????????

It is a great trade if the person with the liftgate needs a pick-up top and a person with a pick-up top needs a liftgate! It also depends on condition of each and the trade could include some cash going one way or the other - but ALOT less cash than buying something outright!

Brent

seriousseries
12-17-2007, 09:36 AM
I have a beautifull lift gate refinished in Bronze Green. New Window seal, all original galvinized hardware. Ready to install. Make me an offer.

andrew.airoldi@gmail.com