PDA

View Full Version : 1967 Series IIa Wagon LWB

mickey1275@aol.com
12-04-2007, 11:44 PM
Wanted to post a few pics of my new purchase. First one is of truck on ebay before I bought it.
Next couple are of present stripped down state. Will continue to update as I go. Body is in good shape except for RH front. Looked at ordering new one but don't want to shell out the $250. May take it to a body shop or try the hammer and dolly trick myself.
Came with all the doors and roof etc so I am just trying to sand and strip to find out what we have underneath it all.

lrdukdog
12-05-2007, 06:47 AM
What's with the front?:confused: Breakfast and bonnet area. Looks like you have a (bigger) engine. If so what is fitted?
Jim Wolf
Elvenwood Kennel

mickey1275@aol.com
12-05-2007, 07:30 AM
What's with the front?:confused: Breakfast and bonnet area. Looks like you have a (bigger) engine. If so what is fitted?
Jim Wolf
Elvenwood Kennel

Yeah, original diesel and tranny were replaced with a Chevy inline 6 and Chevy tranny. They moved breakfast and bonnet area forward to compensate for larger fan housing. It is very interesting because they integrated many of the parts of the old rover engine compartment into the 6. That is why I am selling the diesel because from a practical standpoint, I know a hell of alot about Chevy motors and can get parts for nothing.
I am going back and forth on how to move it back some.

ajones
12-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Is that rover off of Ebay down near Pascagoula?

mickey1275@aol.com
12-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Is that rover off of Ebay down near Pascagoula?

Yep.