PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have servo brakes on their truck?

Dashface
12-08-2007, 08:08 PM
If so, could you post an under-the-hood picture? I seem to be missing the switch on mine (there are two holes on the actual unit, right behind the master cyl) and I would love to see what part to get :D

Thanks!

rovertek
12-09-2007, 08:36 AM
when you are looking at it in the mounted position there is a hole th the top left of the master on the servo itself that accomidates the rubber gromet and the plastic check valve that the vacume hose attaches to,,, on the top of the pedal assy. also there is a square plate with a threaded hole that is where the brake lite switch threads into,,, and on the sides of the pedal assy. there should be plastic caps that that hide the pivoting bolt from corrosion.....

sayers
12-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Go to page four of this forum look under engine bay pics. there is a pic of my s3 engine and the servo system.

Dashface
12-09-2007, 07:28 PM
Okay, I put in big white arrows in the upper-right of the pic. That little thing up there in the corner (hard to see in such a small pic) is what is missing from mine. In its place I have two threaded holes and a couple of wires.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/Hobbie_42/sayers_serIII_6.jpg

Is that little thingy my brake switch? My big issue, as I mentioned, is that I can't get my brake lights to work. On the internet people seem to be confused as far as whether or not that little thing is the vacuum warning switch or the brakes switch. I would love to know which it is!!!! (and if it is the brake switch, what the part number is so I can buy one ASAP - it is the last thing I'm missing!)

Chris McKnight
12-10-2007, 12:22 AM
yes, it's the brake light switch.

Chris

friar mike
12-10-2007, 01:45 AM
confused as far as whether or not that little thing is the vacuum warning switch or the brakes switch. I would love to know which it is!!!! (and if it is the brake switch, what the part number is so I can buy one ASAP - it is the last thing I'm missing!)
Vacuum switch:confused: what are you driving a hoover?:rolleyes:

Dashface
12-10-2007, 08:13 AM
yes, it's the brake light switch.

Chris

Thanks Chris.

Does Rovers North carry this part?? If so, could someone point me in its direction?

Thanks a bunch!!

rover_chump
12-10-2007, 12:38 PM
Thanks Chris.

Does Rovers North carry this part?? If so, could someone point me in its direction?

Thanks a bunch!!

We sure do...In stock here now. :thumb-up:

http://www.roversnorth.com/store/searchadv.aspx?SearchTerm=575166&Issubmit=True (http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/../store/searchadv.aspx?SearchTerm=575166&Issubmit=True)

Peace,
Art

sayers
12-10-2007, 12:42 PM
The part number from the rovers north cat. is RNC478, when you get it. there is two slide on connectors that fit from the wires I hope are still hanging around where the switch should be. There is an adjustment bolt that you can adjust the switch up and down. to far down and the brake lights stay on all the time, too far up and not at all. like I said I hope the two wires are still there and have not be taken out. good luck