PDA

View Full Version : Repair Shop Needed

DiscoMania
12-09-2007, 01:34 PM
I am tired of paying the $120 "enrty fee" [plus whatever cost to fix vehicle] at the dealership. I leave in the Boston area and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for repair shops around here. I've heard of Boston Rover Land - Does anyone know them?? Are they reliable\reasonable?

Also, i keep on getting leaves in my heater blower (behind glove compartment). After months of trying I was able to get some out... but there's more in there. Any ideas on how to stop leaves from getting in my blower or am I missing a part somewhere??

Thanks for your help!!

dcwhybrew
12-09-2007, 08:26 PM
Bushducks.com is your friend. Here's the link. They show two in the Boston area. If you drive to Springfield, John Robison's garage would be well worth your money. He's even a big supporter of RN.

http://www.bushducks.com/search/search.asp#country

DiscoMania
12-11-2007, 08:07 AM
Thanks!

captainruss
12-13-2007, 12:58 PM
I have dealt with Boston Roverland several times since I used to live about a mile from it. John is a decent guy and a decent mechanic. A bit aloof at first but he will warm up if you actually display that you have an idea of what is under the hood. He doesn't like to get too much into the older rovers but he is more than capable of handling the more than basic needs of the average Disco or Rangie. His price is on par with most mechanics.

The only tough thing with him is is hours. He closes the gate at 4pm and doesn't care to hang around for you to pick up your vehicle. 3pm on Fridays unless you swing by with a six pack or some other adult beverage.