X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • david g boyd
    Low Range
    • Oct 2007

MPG

what kind of mpg would i get with a diesel engine if i put one in a 110 or 109 . new here and might come up with some dumb questions,thanks for any help.

david
  • Moose
    2nd Gear
    • Oct 2006

Well, on a recent 700km trip I got 25.22 mpg (Imp) or 11.2L/100km in my 110 with a 2.5 NA diesel. About 20% of that was off road, the rest was getting there.

Brett
    Series 3 88 Diesel Soft Top
    Ex-Mod 110 Tdi

Comment

• david g boyd
      Low Range
      • Oct 2007

brett
      thanks for the info,where were u, does a 2.5 give u enough speedfor the highways
      thanks again\david
      what year is your 110

Comment

• Moose
        2nd Gear
        • Oct 2006

I am in The Great White North... Toronto area to be exact.

I find the 2.5 is great around the city. Once up to speed on the highway it is ok, but hills slow it down a bit. It will maintain 100 kph (60 mph) but struggles a bit into a strong headwind. I think it is a good engine for a relaxed driving stile. People say they are bullet proof and in a year of driving I haven't had any trouble with mine.

But, having said all that, I will be putting a 300 Tdi engine into my 110 in January. The truck is my daily driver and I got a fairly decent deal on the engine, so I am making the swap. From what I have read and folks I've talked to, I will be looking at a big improvement. Time will tell.

Brett
        Series 3 88 Diesel Soft Top
        Ex-Mod 110 Tdi

Comment

• Maxredd90
          Low Range
          • Dec 2007

It always depends on our set-up. roof racks, winch, gears all factor so much on what the expected MPG can be. If you're basically stock I've seen numbers as high as 30 on the hwy but add all of the goodies and the mileage drops from there. The rule of thumb is usually a 30-40% increase in fuel efficency over the petrol
          Mac Mattingly
          St. Simons Island, Ga

Comment

• CliftonRover
            3rd Gear
            • Mar 2007

I get about 30mpg with 3.54 diffs and a hiration transfercase in my 109 stationwagon with a 200Tdi

Comment

• Maxredd90
              Low Range
              • Dec 2007

Biodiesel

Anyone out there making there own bio yet? I don't even have a diesel yet but I the way things are going I will have one within a year, just might not be a rover...
              Mac Mattingly
              St. Simons Island, Ga

Comment

• benderjoshua
                Low Range
                • Feb 2007

biodiesel D100

there is an article on a Defender 100 ( yes 100) in the recent issue of Land Rover Lifestyle that is running on biodiesel.
                Joshua 95D90 NAS SW
                Bleedin Green

Comment

• defendercr
                  Low Range
                  • Dec 2007

I just got my 2006 110SW TD5 and the first road trip I got around 30 mpg.

Comment

• Maryland 110
                    1st Gear
                    • Jan 2008

I have a 1983 110 5 door wagon for sale with a diesel if you are interested-gets 25-30 mpg. See cars for sale section.

crowsnest31@msn.com 410-200-4386
                    Last edited by Maryland 110; 01-27-2008, 01:48 PM.
                    DividingCreekImports.com
                    Tdi 130 Crew Cab x2
                    110 V8 5 door

Comment

• rookshark
                      Low Range
                      • Apr 2007

Milage in Diesel Defender

I drive a Td5 110 in Honduras...lots of mountains, and the AC is normally on (double AC, I had a rear AC unit installed here, looks like it could be factory!) and I get roughly 20mpg. I get up to 60mph sometimes, but more often than not that is city traffic, with full rack up top, winch, etc.

Comment

Working...