PDA

View Full Version : Flat Front Tire 1997 4.6 HSE

amherstdke
12-12-2007, 06:55 AM
I woke up to a flat right front tire on my 1997 HSE this morning. Simple issue: I cannot get the damn wheel off -- all 5 lugs are off, jostling does not loosen the wheel. Do I have to take the center cap off and remove the deep center nut? Manual does not mention that. I have changed a rear tire before and did not have to do that. If not required, the wheel may be rusted (or corroded in some way) to the hub? What is the best way to deal with that? Any other thoughts on how to proceed before I call AAA? Many thanks in advance.

Ed*
12-12-2007, 10:24 AM
on mine the wheels have not been off in years and i was living in Minnesota so lots of rain and snow. The rims had gotten stuck on with corossion. I had to get a big 10 pound hammer and put a 2x4 behind the rim and smack it in the "off" direction - ie away from the truck. A couple of good smacks on the 2x4 (didnt want to damage anything) and the wheel loosened up enough to come off.

57loboy
12-14-2007, 08:11 AM
When you put the rim back on, put some antiseize on the hub face to stop it from bonding again....