PDA

View Full Version : Low Riding

Ceven18
12-13-2007, 04:01 PM
Good-day to all, I have a EAS question. My rear air bladders are leaking - its evident often when i park and the HISSSSSING sound and rear of the truck begins lowering. I wont be able to repair it until mid-January and want to know if im doing any damage to the truck driving it low until the rear air shocks fill-up? It takes about 10-15minutes of bumpy-horse-trotting-like driving before the truck raises.

greghaugen
12-14-2007, 05:44 PM
Hi;

You aren't hurting the bags themselves, but you're making your pump work overtime and it's going to get unhappy. IMHO that's your main potential problem. BTW, DON'T get the genuine LR bags as replacements but instead pay a little extra and get the Arnott GenIII bags. I have these on the front and they are great and have a lifetime warranty!

Greg

Ceven18
12-14-2007, 08:37 PM
Oh, ok, where can i purchase them at? Does Rover North sell them? I figured im over-working my air pump,but hoope it doesnt give out on me before i repair the bladders. Also, i know about the conversion kits, but got to tell ya, I LOVE the RAISING/LOWERING feature of the EAS.