PDA

View Full Version : Plow and radiator wanted

pepe
12-15-2007, 04:58 PM
Unrelated items, but i currently need a radiator and want a plow. where does one obtain a plow and all the fixings for a series 2a. is the meyer plow the only type used on series rovers?

Thanks,
Erik Pedersen
Scarborough, ME
88 '70 2a

galen216
12-15-2007, 08:30 PM
One of our club members just posted a plow for sale.

http://forum.roversclub.org/forum/showthread.php?t=969

Terrys
12-15-2007, 09:32 PM
Back in the '70s Fisher made a plow specifically for the Land Rover (Series were the only Land Rover in the US then) It required a belt driven hydraulic pump. What made in unique to Land Rovers was a frame that bolted to the front portion of the trucks frame, But did not have the raise cylinder on it. The raising cylinder was on the plow, and two chains went to hooks on the frame. When the raise valve was operated, it pushed the chain into a triangle, thus shortening the chain and up went the plow. It wa a pretty slick job, and I used one for years. I don't think Fisher lists it anymore, but they may make one up on a special order basis. I have never seen a better install on a series, and when the plow was disconnected, there was nothing left except the small frame with two hooks.

Terrys
12-15-2007, 09:33 PM
Memory isn't what it used to be, but I just remembered, the plow was called a Fisher Suburban.

Enigma
12-15-2007, 10:21 PM
The plow on my series is a Western. It is hydraulic with a pump and a cylinder to raise it. However there is no down pressure - it depends on its weight. Also there are no angling cylinders - this must be done manually.

Cheers

Grover73
12-15-2007, 11:26 PM
I just put a plow on my ser III today. I found it on the side of the road for sale for $70 and picked it right up. It's a simple plow with no power up or angle. A simple pull pin will change the angle, I didn't need a power angle as I will only be plowing my own driveway. For the lift I'm using my winch on the front of the truck. I replaced the winch line with a 8 foot bull rope and a simple flick of the switch will raise or lower the plow. I built the plow sub-frame so it hooks over the two tow hooks I have mounted beside the winch then bolts too the frame to keep everything nice and solid. It's a nice light setup that requires no extra plumbing or pumps on the motor. Hope this helps, if your good with a welder it's a great reason to buy a winch if you don't already have one :thumb-up:.

Cheers, Ryan

rovertek
12-17-2007, 09:32 AM
the fisher snow plow is called the suburbanite and i have installation instructions and parts illistrations if any one needs them you can email me: <gauto@localnet.com> because they are lengthly i will not post them here.....