PDA

View Full Version : Heater box help needed

Jim-ME
12-15-2007, 06:36 PM
I have a worn out, rusty, missing parts heater/defroster. My Rover has been fitted with a later S2a type heater matrix /box (seperate motor connected to a heater matrix box with a funky smaller box that goes thru the passengers footwell) that connected to a padded tube which ran under the dash. I was able to get a brand new S3 matrix and would like some help in getting heat again. I can get a new distribution box from our sponsors or a used Kodiak distribution box from another source. Any insight, advice, help or pictures on how I should proceede or what I will need to do, will leave me forever in your debt.
Jim

leafsprung
12-15-2007, 07:06 PM
Which parts exactly are you missing? I have a spare interior distribution box for a late SIIA. Also other used heater stuff.

Jim-ME
12-16-2007, 09:32 AM
I'm missing some of the brackets to mount the tube to the bulkhead so I plan to scrap the tube assmbly. Until I can find a picture or diagram I truly don't know what else I need. My new heater box looks like this:

http://www.roversdownsouth.com/images/series/small/Heater.JPG (javascript:openWindow('images/series/Heater.JPG', 'Rover', false, 530, 685 ))
But it would be very helpful to see what the other side of the heater box should look like.
Jim

Daurie
12-17-2007, 09:32 PM
That looks just like a Smiths heater box. I have one NIB at my shop. I'll try and remember to snap a picture of it for you and post it. :thumb-up: