PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Disco II Warning Indicator Lights

CaliDiscowner
12-16-2007, 12:05 PM
Recently, I've noticed that there have been times when I've turned the ignition and started my Disco II, and three warning indicators lights have stayed on; ((ABS)), HILL DECENT CONTROL (HDC Amber), and Traction Control (TC). Sometimes the 3 warning lights do not stay lit, and sometimes they illuminate while driving, preceding by 3 chimes. As far as i can tell, the vehicle drives and stops normally, and I haven't noticed any issues related to the warning lights. Does anyone have any clue as to why this might be happening, or why all three come on at the same time? It's an intermittent issue, but it seems to be happening with slightly more frequency and I'd like to get the issue resolved ASAP.

Thanks for the help!!!!

12/18 update - After posting the above question, I did some searching on this sight and found the issue known as, "The Three Amigos". What do I need to do to correct the errors? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Jim

Sid
12-25-2007, 08:48 AM
Mate, I had this exact same problem on a 2003 Disco II V8. It took me bloody ages to find the cause of the problem, and LR were not that helpful in the process.

After various visits to numerous dealers, and some pretty nasty emails to LR Australia, they finally acknowledged the problem. It is the ABS modulator which is faulty. They did a recall on all Disco IIs to fit a new cover plate to the modulator. This was a Band Aid solution to what they knew was a major defect. Vehicles which have the persistent warning lights coming on need the modulator replaced. You may be interested to know that, when those 3 little lights are on, the respective systems are not functioning. I know, I tried them out and it was scary.

I was fortunate, as my Disco was still under warranty. Had it not been, it would have cost me $5000 Australian just for the part. Approach LR and see what they have to say. Good luck.