PDA

View Full Version : No Clutch!!!

LandRoverRo
12-21-2007, 10:14 AM
Very cold this morning. Clutch was working fine for first 10 minutes then...nothing.:eek:

Shifts gear beautifully with not clutch while i'm moving, but I feel sorry for the starter after a complete stop.

So, things to look for? I wonder if it'll come back after the car thaws out. I haven't crawled uner to look at anything yet, and I'm not yet familiar with the clutch on these things.

Any help greatly appreciated.

singingcamel
12-21-2007, 10:55 AM
check the fld level first, low gotta leak somewhere ,then i would look at the linkage on the side of the bellhousing..make sure it all connected.

LandRoverRo
12-25-2007, 03:01 PM
Fluid wasn't too low (perhaps down a bit). Noticed a small amount of leakage on the frame and exhaust below the slave cylinder. Watched for fluid leaking as clutch depressed but couldn't see anything come out.

I pulled the slave cylinder just now and when I cracked the line, there was moisture around the connection. Once removed, should I be able to move the push rod around a whole bunch? I wonder if there's a lot of slack once the pressure is off the fork, or if I have a breakage in the linkage.

Any opinions greatly appreciated. I'm dreading the thought of pulling the g'box...too cold. At least I made room in the garage.

BTW...Happy Christmas!

LandRoverRo
12-25-2007, 03:05 PM
Ooops, sorry, forgot to mention car is an '82 SIII 88" so most of the mechanical linkage is hidden in the bellhousing...great.