PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Line breaks...

Steamer's Wake
12-22-2007, 01:27 AM
Over the mountains and across the desert to Grandmothers house we flew, until smoke in the rearview mirror signaled a problem, with Transmission fluid everywhere. One of the two lines under the truck, right by the crank pulley was completely broken at the fitting. I had it towed 40 miles, and I have not had a good look at it yet. It is the hose that is closest to the engine. Does anyone know where the other end of it is and if Rover's North is going to be open on Christmas Eve day?

joshua.mcguoirk
12-22-2007, 09:15 AM
Are you sure it was the transmission line? If so... The line connects the transmission to the cooler built into the radiator. These run in parallel, just following the culprit.

Your power steering also uses ATF. The lines to and from the pump, box and cooler are located in the same area as the transmission lines.

Good luck!

Steamer's Wake
12-22-2007, 11:08 AM
Yes it is the transmission line. After I stopped the car the transmission was not responding normally. Rover's North is open, but cannot ship until the day after Christmas and I am on the Left Coast. So I am planning on pulling the line and having the hose section replaced locally. I may have the other lines pulled at the same time. I just had an oil line fail 1500 miles ago so I guess all the high-pressure hoses are ready to fail.