PDA

View Full Version : Dash part?

4flattires
12-22-2007, 12:00 PM
It's a bright sunshiney day here in AZ and after reading back through the posts of NC Rover and his nice pics, I noticed I was missing this flat dash part right above the where the gauges mount in the pic (with mini flags). While it appears to serve only an asthetic purpose, I could not find it on our hosts 19 pages of body parts. So, if member has one and would like to sell it, I am hoping for a green version (if thats stock color) naturally pantina'd of course. Paint that appears too new would of course surely increase my MPG, or brake horsepower and I would be required to purchase new tires to handle this extra load.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jim-ME
12-23-2007, 05:40 AM
That is not a Rover part and must have been made by the PO. I'll bet NC Rover would give you the measurements and you could make one.
Jim

siiirhd88
12-23-2007, 07:19 AM
I have the identical covers from two of our Series IIAs, so it must have been a standard Rover part. It would be easy to make, but the angle bend is rounded and not a hard edge. There is a half circle cutout in the middle of the horizontal flat, I assume for any wiring, and three cutouts on the vertical section where the instrument dash screw bosses are located.

Bob

4flattires
12-23-2007, 08:42 AM
Thanks Bob. Yes, I have seen it in others pics posted here as well. If nothing pops up here, I can probably fab something from alum if I really tried.

Jeff