PDA

View Full Version : wipers

siii8873
12-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Dumb wiper question (SIII). I installed my wiper motor, and drives quite a while ago. When I installed my blades today, both towards the center and turned on the motor the passenger side turned clockwise (looking from the front of the vehicle) trying to push it down away from the glass. The drivers side was fine.
From the bend in the blades it looks like this is how they should be installed but obviously something is wrong. What is the correct install / what is wrong?

I Leak Oil
12-22-2007, 05:58 PM
On that new fangled modern system they need to be installed both pointing to the same side of the vehicle. Just like your drivers side. Or you could install the much superior independent wipers like any real series truck has...Well I have to admit I love my early IIa but the one thing that bothers me is the independent motors.
Jason T.

BackInA88
12-22-2007, 06:14 PM
I have one of these new flanged systems.:thumb-up:
When off both blades point to the center of the windshield.
The wiper spindles are installed differently on each side.
The left has the cable on the bottom and the right has the cable across the top. IIRC?
Sounds like you need to rotate one side over.

Steve

I Leak Oil
12-23-2007, 06:14 AM
Sorry I think I was thinking of a different vehicle. Steve is right and has a working model to prove it! Steve, do the spindles need to be switched from one side to another or can the cable just be re-routed? It's been a while since I've had wiper that worked nevermind working on this type of system.
Jason T.

BackInA88
12-23-2007, 08:09 AM
Like this.

siii8873
12-23-2007, 11:17 AM
Thanks I kinda figured this out after some thought. I will need to remove my dash top to get at the drives. I love doing things twice, it gets easier after the practice install.