X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daurie
    2nd Gear
    • Nov 2007

Tool kits

I'm in the process of putting together a tool / spares kit to carry along on trips. It would be helpful to see a list of what some of you include in your kits. I tend to over do but I definately want to be prepared for anything that could go wrong.

Merry Christmas!
    '73 SIII 88"
    Turner 8:1 Engine
    NRP Exhaust
    Roverdrive
    RM Parabolics
    OME Shocks
    Warn 8274
    Pangolin4X4 bumper
  • leafsprung
    Overdrive
    • Nov 2006

Make your own list

Depends on your vehicle to some extent. I have different things I carry along a much different kit when taking my diesel 88 than when I take my V8 109. Think about the jobs you might need to tackle and pack accordingly.

Comment

• friar mike
      1st Gear
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Daurie
      I'm in the process of putting together a tool / spares kit to carry along on trips. It would be helpful to see a list of what some of you include in your kits. I tend to over do but I definately want to be prepared for anything that could go wrong.

Merry Christmas!
      how much space do you have to put a kit together for anything that could go wrong?
      Onward threw the fog

Comment

• O'Brien
        1st Gear
        • Oct 2007

i've been thinking about this as well. I would probably keep mine spares in something the size of a medium rubbermade tote. any thoughts on essentials in the space constraint? (obviously not everything has to fit in there, but who really carries an extra salsbury right?!)
        Matt
        '66 88 GM powered
        '89 SWB RRC (sold)
        '67 109 NADA 6cyl. Station Wagon #2 (sold)

Comment

• Daurie
          2nd Gear
          • Nov 2007

As far as spares go.. here is what I have so far (off the top of my head): Belt, rebuilt fuel pump, rebuilt carb, fuel and oil filter, enough fluids to change everything once, few feet of heater and fuel hose, two spare rim/tires, can of fix-a-flat. I have heard of some carring spare rear axles and front stub axles. I don't plan on getting into anything too crazy.. add to the list! I'm sure I'm not the only one looking for ideas.

I had originally considered getting a large pelican case and keeping it on the rack but I have a feeling it might be more weight than I anticipate and would be better kept as low as possible.

As far as tools, aside from hub nuts I'm not sure what you couldn't do with a decent set of standard and the few select metric. I haven't been through a series truck from top to bottom but it seems pretty straight forward tool wise.
          '73 SIII 88"
          Turner 8:1 Engine
          NRP Exhaust
          Roverdrive
          RM Parabolics
          OME Shocks
          Warn 8274
          Pangolin4X4 bumper

Comment

Working...