PDA

View Full Version : Clear a Check Engine Light - 95 LWB

pvkd
12-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Does anyone know a quick way to clear a check engine light that I caused my starting the engine without a sensor connected?

Thanks,

Paul

Ed*
12-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Hi this is an answer that i cut and saved from someplace a while ago. I have a file for helpful hints i find.

It doesnt always clear the code for me and sometimes i have to disconnect the battery to clear the codes. But normaly it works...

To reset the display after a repair or to see if the error is persistent, do the following:

Switch ignition on.
Disconnect serial link mating plug, wait five seconds, then reconnect.
Switch ignition off and wait for main relay to drop out.
Switch ignition on. The display should now be reset. If there there is more than one fault repeat these steps to clear each fault until the display is blank. When there are no more codes stored, the display will be black.

pvkd
12-27-2007, 07:35 PM
Ed,

Thanks for responding but I don't understand or know what the "serial link" is? Can you help me please?

Thanks,

Paul

bovw
12-28-2007, 07:42 AM
It plugs into the display unit.

Ed*
12-28-2007, 10:04 AM
On the 95 classic there is a display unit (little screen that tells you the fault code number) under the passangers front seat. You have to take the pastic off the base of the seat and then if you open the passanger door and look under the seat from the side you can see the little screen.

Follow the wires out of the back of the screen and you will find a connector a few inches away. That connector is the "serial link" - I belive that just referes to the type of connector.

PaulBarrow
12-31-2007, 08:18 PM
I know it is apples and oranges but I bought a nice unit for my 89 RRC from www.rovacomlite.com that not only solves the problem, but also enables me to do all the diagnostics a full shop can do on the ECU with respect to reading the faults. Well worth the investment ... even if it didnt locate the fact that I recently had a duff fuel pump, but then that isnt on the 89 Diags!!

Paul