View Full Version : SIIa windscreen weatherstrip

4flattires
12-30-2007, 11:58 AM
I need to replace this top section between the windscreen and roof. Part number MTC6960 (RN PLE 342).

Since the roof underside is flat and the galvy windscreen is stepped....is this part number made to fit this unique profile?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jim-ME
12-30-2007, 12:05 PM
In short, yes. I replaced both the upper and lower windscreen seals and one of them had adhesive but I can't remember which. No hard to do at all.
Jim

Dav1550
01-01-2008, 06:06 PM
I need to replace this top section between the windscreen and roof. Part number MTC6960 (RN PLE 342).

Since the roof underside is flat and the galvy windscreen is stepped....is this part number made to fit this unique profile?

Thanks,

Jeff

The seal does not have a stepped profile to match the windscreen..... It's approx. .25" thick x 1.5" width, flat seal that compresses to make up the difference......

Dave

4flattires
01-02-2008, 09:40 PM
As I was ordering parts from a west coast based supplier today, I posed this same question. The fine gentlemans response was OEM, yes it was stepped.... aftermarket, it depends. His current supply was a thicker non-stepped flat foam based material.On a separate note, he shared "it is getting harder by the day to obtain Series parts"...echoing a previous post here on this board on sourcing Series parts.....err....ugh... I mean...bits. :-)For what it is worth.Jeff

friar mike
01-02-2008, 11:32 PM
parts.....err....ugh... I mean...bits. :-)For what it is worth.Jeff
did you mean" bits and bobs":p