PDA

View Full Version : EMERGENCY ROVER ADVICE!

Ceven18
12-30-2007, 01:57 PM
Hey all, in the middle of December,my truck got a "EAS FAULT" msg, dropped down and I haven't been able to drive her since(just the across-the-street-move for the weekly alternate side parking that we have in New York City). Yesterday I was attempting to move her once again, but my remote key doesn't work, and the key itself doesn't open the driver-side door. It just turns around-and-around after insertion. Someone PLEASE give me some advice as i don't think you can "Jimmy" these locks because they are electronic, is there any truth to that assumption? I'm sure my battery drained due to the cold weather and me not starting her regularly. What are my options as I wasn't planning on repairing the suspension until late January?

aren
12-31-2007, 08:57 AM
I thought I had a solution for you, but then I realized I said your battery might be dead... I have heard that these cars have a dealer programmed entry code to get into the car if something like this happens by a series of turns of the key to lock then unlock in succession. Rumor has it that the code is 1515, which means one turn to unlock, then five turns in a row to lock, then one to unlock, then five to lock again. I have not tried it so I don't know if it works, but maybe worth a try! If you can open the bonnet and replace the battery, do you think the EAS fault might reset? There is some good advice on this site http://www.rangerovers.net/repairdetails/airsuspension/index.html
regarding in the field repairs of EAS... perhaps you will be able to jump some terminals to raise the car and then lock it in that position, assuming the air compressor and valve block are still working. If the car lowered all around, perhaps it isn't the air bladder from each wheel leaking, but something more central. Don't forget about ebay for used parts, and those repair kits for the valve block and compressor if you find one of those are the problem. Good luck!

Ceven18
12-31-2007, 05:53 PM
Ok, thanks, im going to check that site out for suggestions, but dont think i'd be doing anything too drastic out there. I dont want to make the problem worst by my inexperience in Rover repairs.