PDA

View Full Version : 73 Series II 88 Sale or (possible) trade

Paul Rossmann
12-31-2007, 12:52 PM
Daily driver. Has “unleaded” head, new valves, guides etc. Weber carburator, 16” wheels. Replaced springs (not parabolic). Fairy capstan winch. Fairy overdrive. Soft top and hard top (a double top—similar to the tropical top but without the vents) and a tail gate (for the soft top) that opens like the regular rear door. New Rover Series tall-back seats, a leather padded steering wheel, halogen headlights, tachometer, inertia seatbelts and new dashboard top. A couple years back the clutch was replaced. Within the past year has has new clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder. About 6 months ago I added an electric fan and the adapter w/ spin-on oil filter. More recently, brake master cylinder rebuilt and gotten new wheel cylinders, shoes and drums as well as new flex lines. I have also replaced all of the seals and seal races in both axles and swivel housings. Thule roof rack. Galvanized metal Series 2A grill with a few grill badges thrown in for good measure.Box of miscellaneous small parts including the very rare NOS side marker lights, NOS door latches, original equipment tool roll, extra half axles, ignition tumbler, turn signal switch, various hydraulic lines and other odd bits accumulated from the ownership of a couple of Series Rovers. Also included is a Hi-Lift jack. The car runs great and has a solid frame. The engine does not leak or burn oil. Minor probems: The rear end “clunks” when you first take off (needs shims, I would expect). Some rust on rear crossmember. The body is straight, but the paint is dead. The car is located in Charleston, SC. Price: $9,500 USD. May work a trade for a lower milage Disco or (strangely enough) Ford Exporer Sport Trac. Contact Paul at 843.723.3213 or
<prossmann@bellsouth.net (prossmann@bellsouth.net?subject=1973%20Land%20Rov er%20Series%20III,%20SWB%2088.%20Sale%20or%20trade )>