PDA

View Full Version : Rear storage drawer

Daurie
01-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Any of you know of or have installed a setup like this? I saw this on this site http://www.pangaea-expeditions.com/index.html . I haven't had any luck contacting them but the drawer is made by a company called African Outback. Any info or ideas for somethinglike this in tha back of a S3 88" would be great!

Thanks.

http://www.pangaea-expeditions.com/images/productimages/africanoutback/Defender110drawersTH.jpg

leafsprung
01-06-2008, 09:15 PM
I have one in my 59 88,You can buy them from tuffy. They work well

friar mike
01-06-2008, 10:04 PM
looks like it makes the back seats even more uncomfortable.:rolleyes:

scott
01-07-2008, 12:33 AM
looks like it makes the back seats even more uncomfortable.:rolleyes:

who cares...i never ride in the back of mine.

EASTTNROVER
01-07-2008, 03:23 AM
I have one in my 59 88,You can buy them from tuffy. They work well

How much that set up run you?

Mercedesrover
01-07-2008, 05:13 AM
Built a platform out of 3/4" plywood and covered it with carpet. The ramp is for the dogs. Underneath are two "under bed" storage boxes from Home Depot. They have lids and wheel and are the perfect length to fit in the back of a Series.

http://seriestrek.com/labrador/packing9.jpg

http://seriestrek.com/labrador/packing10.jpg

Daurie
01-07-2008, 06:04 AM
Built a platform out of 3/4" plywood and covered it with carpet. The ramp is for the dogs. Underneath are two "under bed" storage boxes from Home Depot. They have lids and wheel and are the perfect length to fit in the back of a Series.

Thanks for those pictures! I like the upper shelf. You have an impressive setup there.

I considered the Tuffy box as an option but I like the way the African Outback drawer is built around the particular vehicle. They also claim it uses existing holes for mounting it. The only trouble is they don't list one for a 88" :rolleyes: . They have one for a D90 but I'm not sure how close a fit it would be.

leafsprung
01-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Whats the difference? The tuffy is the same width as the rover rear loadspace . . . Its about 16 inches shorter than the outback whatsit but I like that because I can still run a couple of inward jump seats at the back, and you can open it without having to open the door. Since there are no existing holes in the floor/tub sides of an 88 unless you count the door stop hole, spare tire mount holes, seat belt holes on later models, or the tailgate chain holes (if fitted); it wont matter. I have my tuffy in the seat belt mounting holes I think.

Terrys
01-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Since there are no existing holes in the floor/tub sides of an 88 unless you count the door stop hole, spare tire mount holes, seat belt holes on later models, or the tailgate chain holes (if fitted); it wont matter

Ike, I chukled when I read this, and I know you weren't specifcally refering to them, but my ex-MOD has more holes than swiss cheese, compliments of Her Majesty's finast. I may run the 109 down and get a quote to Rhino Line this inside of the loadbay but I'm afraid he's going to tell me to plug the holes or it will run out before it sets up.

leafsprung
01-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Youre right, radio trucks, or others with special equipment have lots of holes. I doubt youll find anything to fit them other than the radio gear though!

Daurie
01-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Whats the difference? The tuffy is the same width as the rover rear loadspace . . . Its about 16 inches shorter than the outback whatsit but I like that because I can still run a couple of inward jump seats at the back, and you can open it without having to open the door. Since there are no existing holes in the floor/tub sides of an 88 unless you count the door stop hole, spare tire mount holes, seat belt holes on later models, or the tailgate chain holes (if fitted); it wont matter. I have my tuffy in the seat belt mounting holes I think.

I'll have to take a closer look at the Tuffy. I guess I was just impressed with the fit and finish of the Outback setup. Do you have a pic of yours in the truck? I do like that the Tuffy is the same width and looks like the same height as the seat risers / wheel wells.