PDA

View Full Version : Very Stupid Beginner Question

NC Rover
01-08-2008, 02:55 PM
I know this is a ridiculous question but is there a proper proceedure to engage 4-wheel high and low on the D90?

I realize the diff shifter has hi/low diff lock (for slippy surfaces) on the left side and H/L on the right side (for regular road travel).

I wanted to make sure I engage the correct way without damaging anything as well as making sure it properly goes into gear.

I apologize ahead of time for the new guy question. First time rover owner and only had it for about 3 weeks or so. Any help/advice is appreciated.

thanks,
Nick

Maxredd90
01-08-2008, 08:53 PM
from a full stop throw the main gear in neutral and with some force move the diff-lock selector to low range. It might seem like you're going to break the lever before it engages, but you won't. I engage mine at least once a month and I think it helps to make it easier when necessary. You'll know if it's engaged properly, if it's not you won't go anywhere

NC Rover
01-09-2008, 05:40 PM
from a full stop throw the main gear in neutral and with some force move the diff-lock selector to low range. It might seem like you're going to break the lever before it engages, but you won't. I engage mine at least once a month and I think it helps to make it easier when necessary. You'll know if it's engaged properly, if it's not you won't go anywhere

thanks for the info. I do appreciate it. :thumb-up: