X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NC Rover
    2nd Gear
    • Dec 2007

Very Stupid Beginner Question

I know this is a ridiculous question but is there a proper proceedure to engage 4-wheel high and low on the D90?

I realize the diff shifter has hi/low diff lock (for slippy surfaces) on the left side and H/L on the right side (for regular road travel).

I wanted to make sure I engage the correct way without damaging anything as well as making sure it properly goes into gear.

I apologize ahead of time for the new guy question. First time rover owner and only had it for about 3 weeks or so. Any help/advice is appreciated.

thanks,
    Nick
    1971 Series IIa Hybrid: 2.5L MILSPEC 5-Main Bearing Engine|Turner Engineering Performance Head w/ oversized hardened steel valves & phase shift/increased lift cam|LT77 Tranny/LT230 Transfer Case|11mm Ignition Wires/Super Coil|Jacobs Ignition/Petronix Ignitor|D90 Axles|Galvy Frame|Old Man Emu Coils|Cust Rear/Side Fuel Tanks|Cust Drive Shafts|
  • Maxredd90
    Low Range
    • Dec 2007

from a full stop throw the main gear in neutral and with some force move the diff-lock selector to low range. It might seem like you're going to break the lever before it engages, but you won't. I engage mine at least once a month and I think it helps to make it easier when necessary. You'll know if it's engaged properly, if it's not you won't go anywhere
    Mac Mattingly
    St. Simons Island, Ga

Comment

• NC Rover
      2nd Gear
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Maxredd90
      from a full stop throw the main gear in neutral and with some force move the diff-lock selector to low range. It might seem like you're going to break the lever before it engages, but you won't. I engage mine at least once a month and I think it helps to make it easier when necessary. You'll know if it's engaged properly, if it's not you won't go anywhere
      thanks for the info. I do appreciate it.
      1971 Series IIa Hybrid: 2.5L MILSPEC 5-Main Bearing Engine|Turner Engineering Performance Head w/ oversized hardened steel valves & phase shift/increased lift cam|LT77 Tranny/LT230 Transfer Case|11mm Ignition Wires/Super Coil|Jacobs Ignition/Petronix Ignitor|D90 Axles|Galvy Frame|Old Man Emu Coils|Cust Rear/Side Fuel Tanks|Cust Drive Shafts|

Comment

Working...