PDA

View Full Version : Soft Top and Roll Bar

ChrisB
01-10-2008, 09:48 PM
My '70 IIA 88 SW has a roll bar that was installed two owners ago. As I live in Alabama, I am preparing for my first sweltering summer with my new airconditioner-less ride and looking at soft tops. A couple of questions.

First, does anyone have a roll bar in their 88, and if so, did it interfere with installing the hoops? If so, how'd you get around it?

Second, any tips for a first-time hardtop removal?

Finally, any thoughts on removing the roll bar? I can't keep my 5-year old out of it, so I am thinking it should stay in...

Thanks,

Chris

KevinNY
01-10-2008, 10:04 PM
I have a Safety Devices roll bar and it works with both the hard top and soft tops.

4flattires
01-10-2008, 10:18 PM
Scrolled back a few weeks...heres a stuck top post.

http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2725

Jeff

thixon
01-11-2008, 08:38 AM
Depends on the bar. I made one once for a rover that measured out to fit under the hardtop or hoops. Do you know if it was the safety devices bar, or a custom job? It its a custom,post the width and height plus photos. I'm sure someone with a soft top can measure the width and height of their hoops, and let you know if it will fit.

ajones
01-11-2008, 10:32 AM
KevinNY,
Did you get that roll cage in the US, if so where, and if you don't mind me asking how much did it run you?
thanks.

ChrisB
01-13-2008, 09:29 PM
Thanks guys. The roll bar is from two owners ago, so it's at least 15 years old, or more. I don't have any history on the roll bar. I will take some pics, measure, and post both.

Thanks!

KevinNY
01-13-2008, 09:36 PM
KevinNY,
Did you get that roll cage in the US, if so where, and if you don't mind me asking how much did it run you?
thanks.

I got lucky and found one locally. They are no longer available.