PDA

View Full Version : Rover people are good people

thixon
01-11-2008, 09:55 AM
Just wanted to put it out there that I'm constantly impressed with the series rover community at large. Everyone is willing to share information, and help one another moreso than any other group of auto enthusiasts I've ever dealt with.

Recently, I'd put it out there that I was looking for a rebuildable head. I won't give his name, but an extremely generous member of this community sent me one, and no matter how much I offered, would not take a dime for it. When I tried to insist, he asked that I make a donation to the salvation army over the holidays. A class move for sure.

O'Brien
01-11-2008, 10:09 AM
travis, i think you're right on, and that's a great story that warms my heart.

i'm so honored to be a part of such a great community. i'm sure im not the only younger person involved here, but it means a lot to me to learn from people who have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to rovers. wrenching on your own car does a lot when it comes to knowing what your capable of in this fast paced and technologically centered world. i'm excited to pass on the knowledge, love for rovers, and great spirit of camaraderie to my kids (someday) and anyone else in the rover community i come into contact with.

cheers to everyone, and thanks to our host!!!:thumb-up:

Bostonian1976
01-11-2008, 11:11 AM
it's a community like no other that I have experienced - the people have all been incredibly friendly, intelligent, and willing to help each other out.

SalemRover
01-11-2008, 11:39 AM
The value of any rover part is directly proportional to the amount of distress it causes the wife by having that oily messy junk cluttering up the house. I bet he won some good points by informing her that he got rid of some other oily bit that was lying around. I kid, it is a really great community.

Cheers,

Jason