PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump has no power

siiirhd88
01-11-2008, 06:48 PM
The wife was in the car wash the other day when the '96 Disco bumbled, shut down and wouldn't restart. After dragging it back home, I found no power at the fuel pump plug on connector. The fuel pump and injector fuses (RF wing fusebox) are good and have power to the sockets.

OK, where is the fuel pump relay? Could the 'accident' trip switch need reset? Does it have one and where is it?

It will start if I spray ether / starting fluid into the air intake, so I know the ignition electrics are OK.

I've been driving the wife's 109 since my Series are out of commission. Any help is appreciated.

Bob

siiirhd88
01-14-2008, 04:57 PM
OK, it back running! Based on some info from another board I reset what I think is the rollover switch by depressing the top of the rubber bulb. It started once after that, but then wouldn't restart. Today I pulled all of the wire connections apart at the rollover switch, and the adjacent connector (white with a purple trace and brown wires) and sprayed the contacts with cleaner and WD-40. When plugged back in, the beast started and has run OK since. We'll see how it does tomorrow..... I think I will replace the rollover switch anyway.

Bob

Les Parker
01-15-2008, 07:38 AM
Bob,

Good to learn that it was an easy fix. Not the sort of cure that is in any text book !!

Thanks for the feedback.:)