PDA

View Full Version : Trip Odometer

galen216
01-13-2008, 04:06 PM
Just picked up a '74 SIII yesterday with 36,000 original miles. It has a trip odometer and I was wondering if there is a way to reset it? I have yet to find a way.

LaneRover
01-13-2008, 04:20 PM
I believe that there is a piece that attaches on the back and then comes back around to be placed through a hole on the dash which then allows you to re-set it.

Brent

Daurie
01-13-2008, 05:22 PM
The reset button should be at the top between the spedo and the fuel/temp guage. It's possible that the spedo was replaced and the individual that did so didn't realize the reset cable was a seperate piece.

Not trying to be a dark cloud but if If I were you, and the reset cable was not in place, I would be questioning the true mileage.

galen216
01-13-2008, 07:23 PM
The reset button should be at the top between the spedo and the fuel/temp guage. It's possible that the spedo was replaced and the individual that did so didn't realize the reset cable was a seperate piece.

Not trying to be a dark cloud but if If I were you, and the reset cable was not in place, I would be questioning the true mileage.

Well, the truck spent it's life on an island in the Chesapeake Bay so I'm pretty sure the mileage is pretty close to accurate. There is something between the speedo and fuel/temp gauge so I'll have to look at it closer.

Daurie
01-13-2008, 08:54 PM
Well, the truck spent it's life on an island in the Chesapeake Bay so I'm pretty sure the mileage is pretty close to accurate. There is something between the speedo and fuel/temp gauge so I'll have to look at it closer.

Hopefully you will find a button between them! :D 36,000 miles is a good find! How did you come across it?

galen216
01-13-2008, 09:07 PM
The pictures don't do it justice. http://gallery.mac.com/dmccomsey#100003 The interior is very tidy, but the frame has a few holes. Has all the goodies; parabolics, OME shocks, overdrive, tuffy center box.

The rear tub doesn't even have the corrosion I have seen in most NADA trucks. I even got a Canadian military trailer as part of the deal!

Jim-ME
01-14-2008, 05:18 AM
If it is like mine there is no buttom but an approx 1/4" long knob that you turn counter clockwise. What a find!
Jim

TSR53
01-14-2008, 09:04 AM
The pictures don't do it justice. http://gallery.mac.com/dmccomsey#100003 The interior is very tidy, but the frame has a few holes. Has all the goodies; parabolics, OME shocks, overdrive, tuffy center box.

The rear tub doesn't even have the corrosion I have seen in most NADA trucks. I even got a Canadian military trailer as part of the deal!
Great find - love the photos, especially the "Solomons Island Yacht Sales". Keep that on it - what flavor!

ps... glad to see you using your new iLife 08 and iPhoto library properly :thumb-up:. Macs rock.

galen216
01-14-2008, 09:28 AM
Great find - love the photos, especially the "Solomons Island Yacht Sales". Keep that on it - what flavor!

ps... glad to see you using your new iLife 08 and iPhoto library properly :thumb-up:. Macs rock.

Sorry, not my photos, that was the seller's pics.

I love the yacht sales signage and more importantly the wife does too!

And thanks to free shipping this past weekend I have a new seat on the way for the driver's side.

jp-
01-14-2008, 09:57 AM
:thumb-up:. Macs rock.

No. No they don't. Spent this weekend working on one.

TSR53
01-14-2008, 10:14 AM
jp- PM sent (just to keep the OP thread on topic...)