PDA

View Full Version : New here with 98 Discovery Turn Signal problems

DivebombInc
01-15-2008, 10:47 AM
All my lights work except my turn signals. I recently replaced my engine and can't really think of anything I did under the hood to make the signals stop working, but they did. Everything else works and the emergency flashers work. Would they not work if the flasher relay was bad? I did find one bulb on the side of my front bumber passanger side that was burned out... would that do it?

Any tips here would be greatly appreciated. I just spent a ton of money so saving a few dollars now is my objective. Taking it into a shop will be my last resort.

landrover77
01-17-2008, 12:57 PM
Check fuses (under steering wheel). the hazard lights and turn signals are on the same circuit, so if the connection to the hazards is loose it could affect the turn sigs. Also, look behind the steering wheel - their should be a connection back there as well. corrosion can affect the electronics, so -beware salt on roads (corrosion in places you may not be able to see)! Sorry I dont have any other feedback, good luck.

DivebombInc
01-17-2008, 01:16 PM
I ended up taking it into a shop to have a complete tune-up and to have the turn signals fixed too. I appreciate the advice anyway.

landrover77
01-19-2008, 10:05 AM
i hope it did not cost too much, but it feels great to have a rover tuned to a purr doesnt it.

-cheers

DivebombInc
01-20-2008, 09:35 AM
I still hve the turn signal problem. I'm going to tackle that myself today. Any more tips would be great. The tune-up wasn't that expensive.

Is there a way I can test the switch or jump across the plugs and see if they work? Anybody know if I can test this with a meter somehow?

Is the emergency flasher relay and the return signal relay one in the same?