PDA

View Full Version : I got my truck back!

jbb94952
01-15-2008, 06:01 PM
Hello folks,

Just dropping in to say hello, been a few years since I was last here. In fact, looks like a new BBS entirely. New BBS, same or similar good people and same good advice, hosted by the same good hosts!

Went through a separation a few years ago and had to get rid of my truck as I had nowhere to put it during all the moving around. At least I was smart (or lucky, probably more the lucky part) enough to get it to a good friend, who when it came time for him to sell it, actually lived up to his promise of giving me first crack at it for what he was in to it for (measly $1500) , ignoring a buyer who wanted to pay a few thousand more. Yes, there are still good, honest people in this world.

Its a lot rougher looking than it was when this pic was taken as it has been outside, but after freeing a stuck clutch, it fired up almost immediately and is running fine other than brakes that badly need bleeding. The truck is basically a bone-stock 72 Series III 88, 2.25 petrol, about the only non-Rover part I have found on it is the Rochester. I originally bought it to replace my first car, a 74 88 I sold when I was about 19 (my Pops bought it new in 74) and kicked myself for years over. Sorry, I haven't figured out how to post an inline pic yet.

I'm sure you all know the Rover elation bit, so I'll stop here. I just wanted to say hello!

-James

Jim-ME
01-15-2008, 06:05 PM
Rovers are like a sickness that invades your blood and stays there for ever. Welcome back to the ownership world. Unlike a women, a Rover will never let you down.
Jim

O'Brien
01-15-2008, 06:19 PM
wow, i bet TeriAnn is going to be thrilled about that!:eek:

and im not talking about your spelling haha!:D

i'm just givin' you a hard time Jim-ME, so, just roll with!

and glad to have another owner (back) on the boards jbb!

TSR53
01-16-2008, 07:57 AM
Hello folks,

Just dropping in to say hello, been a few years since I was last here. In fact, looks like a new BBS entirely. New BBS, same or similar good people and same good advice, hosted by the same good hosts!

Went through a separation a few years ago and had to get rid of my truck as I had nowhere to put it during all the moving around. At least I was smart (or lucky, probably more the lucky part) enough to get it to a good friend, who when it came time for him to sell it, actually lived up to his promise of giving me first crack at it for what he was in to it for (measly $1500) , ignoring a buyer who wanted to pay a few thousand more. Yes, there are still good, honest people in this world.

Its a lot rougher looking than it was when this pic was taken as it has been outside, but after freeing a stuck clutch, it fired up almost immediately and is running fine other than brakes that badly need bleeding. The truck is basically a bone-stock 72 Series III 88, 2.25 petrol, about the only non-Rover part I have found on it is the Rochester. I originally bought it to replace my first car, a 74 88 I sold when I was about 19 (my Pops bought it new in 74) and kicked myself for years over. Sorry, I haven't figured out how to post an inline pic yet.

I'm sure you all know the Rover elation bit, so I'll stop here. I just wanted to say hello!

-James Welcome back :thumb-up:. Same good 'ol stuff here. What a good story, RoversNorth news material. PM or send it in to myself or Matt ("RN Graphics" on the forum).

How to post photos in-line, rather than attaching them.

1. Go to any free photo hosting site like http://www.flickr.com or any other paid webserver photo posting service, like http://www.mac.com for instance.

2. Upload your photos.

3. After you upload your photo on your new webserver space, have the image you want on your browser (preferably the right sized one too) and right click (or control click on a Mac) on the photo, and "Copy Image Location".

4. Buzz over here to the RoversNorth forum and go to the thread you want to post the photo into. Or you can start a new thread, or "Quote", or "Reply" in an existing thread.

5. In the WYSIWYG editing box where you type the message, there are little icons across the top - click on https://www.roversnorth.com/forums/images/editor/insertimage.gif and then paste in the "Copy Image Location" URL from step 4. This will "link" your photo (hosted on your webserver account) to the RoversNorth forum.

jbb94952
01-16-2008, 01:58 PM
...for the welcomes. I'll agree that Series trucks are a sickness, but a good one.

I don't know if it would make the best story in the world, but I will send it along and you guys can decide. Of course it means you'll have to start sending me the News again...

I didn't have the option to "copy image location" in my version of IE, so I went to image properties and copied the URL out of there. Hopefully it works:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2018/2198174956_b83fa5b27f.jpg?v=0
That's the RN sticker you guys sent me with my first order, 20+ years ago. When I sold my first truck I peeled it off and stuck it to my filing cabinet.

-James

Edit: Funny, in the WYSIWYG box, I see the photo, but when posted, I just see the URL. I'm open to suggestions.

TSR53
01-17-2008, 09:36 AM
Hmmm, me too. I'll dig into this programming when I've got some spare time..

singingcamel
01-17-2008, 10:58 AM
Rovers are like a sickness that invades your blood and stays there for ever. Welcome back to the ownership world. Unlike a women, a Rover will never let you down.
Jim

I would dissagree Jim, They are alot like women , 90 % of the time you love them 10% you wish you never had them..

singingcamel
01-17-2008, 11:04 AM
Oh Welcome Back:thumb-up:

Les Parker
01-17-2008, 11:36 AM
Mark,

You still alive, after that comment !!!